vacuum recommendations

dot n'dave

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
CT
I need a vacuum.
I am tired of buying vacuums that don't last.
Whenever I look at reviews for brands, they're all saying how great the vacuums are but just bought them the day before. I want to know a year later how it's working!
The most important thing is to pick up animal fur. A lot of it!
I would invest in a good quality one, if it will work and last!
Can you guys recommend a good vac??? Anyone love theirs??
Thanks!!

I LOVE my Dyson Animal... it have had it now for about 5 years.. and never had a problem with it... Its expensive but well worth the money.
every other vacuum i have had i've always killed within a year...
And i have 7 indoor cats and 2 Saint Bernards...

8 years ago I bought a used kirby for $20, it was already around 10 years old. That sucker just keeps going. It does a fabulous job - 10 times better than any other vacuum I had before - and has been ridiculously reliable. Don't buy a new one, they are very expensive, but you can get some excellent deals on used ones (under $100). They are heavy to push, but it's a solid machine, so that's what you get.

Last edited:
Quote:
I always wanted to try one of them with a bowling ball like the commercials...lol

My brother just bought a vauum that has the cyclone action like the Dyson... and it was alot cheaper than a Dyson..he said he loves it...
I'll ask him what the name of it is again and post back on here tomorrow....

I have the Dyson animal.... Have had it for a year and I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!! It has never failed to perform like the day I took it out of the box. When I switch from the carpet to the tile, I can see dirt and hair being sucked toward the vacuum before I even get to it.. How great is that!?! And guess what?? I dont have the accent but... It never looses suction. If you can afford it, get it. I got mine off ebay brand new for a hundred less than retail.

I've had the dyson ball for 6 years. I used to buy 2 vacuums a year!! I have 6 dogs and 4 cats. I wouldn't trade that dyson for anything, it's my baby.
smile.png

I am so unimpressed with Oreck myself. I've known 2 people who have one & they don't suck. And that's not good! One of them just had a $40 "tuneup" done on theirs, & it doesn't pick up a bit of cat hair! And they are ridiculously expensive besides. Also ,the one with the big water canister that's heavy as all get-out & supposed to be good for allergies & costs a small fortune - don't get it either!!! No sucky!!! Just FYI. I like the green Eureka Optima, sucks like crazy, but the wheels are AWFUL!!! Fall right off if you have a lot of space to cover too frequently. I like the thing though, so I just stuck the dang wheels back on with a huge screw! LOL A bit harder to push, but they ain't going NOWHERE!
roll.png
I can rig just about anything up if I gotta.

When did you purchase your Oreck? We bought ours about 10 years ago. The new ones don't seem to have the same awesomeness that the old ones do. If you can, find an OLD one, not the new ones. Look for the black handle instead of the blue, red or yellow handled ones.

something like this is what we have, but a bit older:

http://vacuumfloorcare.com/B00106VHCI/Oreck-Vacuum-Cleaner-XL-Classic-Base-Model/

Back
Top Bottom