Vacuum Sealer Bags/Rolls

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by bigredfeather, Mar 31, 2011.

1. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    I am looking for a cheaper alternative to the actual FoodSaver brand bags/rolls. I have tried some non-Foodsaver type bags and they seem to be crap. I found some online at Vaccum Sealers Unlimited, but not sure if they will be any better than the others I have tried.
    Here they are:
    http://shop.vacuumsealersunlimited....acuum-Sealer-Bags-Case-of-1200-FMQBAGCASE.htm
    http://shop.vacuumsealersunlimited.com/8-x-50-Full-Mesh-Jumbo-Rolls_c53.htm
    Anyone ever use these?
    Does anyone have a different source that is proven?
    Thanks.

2. tsarge

tsarge Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2010
    Northern VT
    I have not found a 3rd party bag that works anywhere near as good as the FoodSaver bags themselves. I've given up trying to find a replacement and just buy FoodSaver bags in bulk at my local Costco. Of course, I'm only packing 30-40 birds once a year, so the cost has not been a big issue.

3. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    I don't have an answer but would also like a cheaper alternative. I use my foodsaver a good bit and have to stop myself sometimes from using a .50 cent bag to put a penny's worth of food in.

4. Knittycat

Knittycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Bay City, TX
    Well that jumbo roll is only 14 bucks. It'd be worth a shot.

5. lady feathers

lady feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2010
    Try shopping Sam's for the food saver bags they come in a bulk pakage w/ some large rolls some smaller for around $30 bucks.... the others don't work worth a darn, we use the food saver for our pigs too!

6. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
  7. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    Quote:I'm not wanting to use them for whole birds, I need them for boneless/skinless breasts and leg quarters. This is the first year we have offered them to our customers, and it has been very popular. We already have orders for 80 pounds of breasts. I thought it would be nice to have them vacuum sealed so they can put them right in the freezer. I thought the rolls would be okay, but when I saw the 8"x 11 1/2" bags, I thought that would be even easier, already having one end sealed, and they are half the price. I emailed the company yesterday, and they are going to send me a couple bags to try before I buy 1,200 of them. The bags get pretty reasonable when you buy that many. They claim these bags are better than the FoodSaver, so I'll find out when I get my samples.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by