1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Vacuums.. my travels...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shadowpaints, Jun 13, 2011.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    So im a mom,i have 2 small kids i have 5 indoor dogs (3 shelties, a lab and a doberman) i have horses , chickens goats. so a good vacuum is a MUST. i have spend the last 10 years buying the vacuums under 100$ thinking that people on the TV and the manufacturer were right, that they would work. HA i have had 8 vacuums in 10 years!! ! crazy! so today i broke down. i bought a Shark Navigator.

i was leary about this.. the price was 129$ thats a lot of money . but i am so SICK of buying a new 80$ vacuum every year almost. so i bought it. got the 1 year replacement warrenty from walmart.

got it home.. put it together.. ok hear goes.. first test, my old vacuum was SO loud that i couldnt hear anything in my house it sounded like someone was running a truck through my house ( a Eureka pet pal) turned on the shark WOW the difference. i could hear the kids playing, i heard the phone ring, i could talk on the whone while vacuuming LOL i am HAPPY! ok wait suction wise.. i had vacuumed my house yesterday with the old one... vacummed to my hearts content, the shelties hair didnt clog it. i accidently went over a sock LOL and no clogs! yay! my old vacuum would clog 2-3 times in each room.
    im incredibly happy with this vacuum, i wanted to share just incase there was any poor sap like me that was buying one after another with no luck. i was to the point that i wanted to buy a Dyson, but i didnt have 600 to fork out for a vacuum . im happy with the 129 :p

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    We also have the Shark vaccuum. We've had it for 3 years and never lost suction. My mom bought a new one for downstairs since she doesnt want us to bring it downstairs because she'll think we will break it. [​IMG]

3. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    My MIL has a kenmore canister and I loved it, well while being at the sears store I happened apon a refurbished kenmore intuiton elete. $500 dollar vacum for $200 yeah I got it and WOW, it is great! I was just lucky I guess! It is Quiet and really sucks has 2 hepa filters and in MY house they have not cloged yet and I thought they would clog on the first vacume! So far so good! Love this one and I have had a kirby. To heavy and loud! Good golly you can't hear ANYTHING!!!!!

4. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Nothing worse than something that doesn't suck. You know, like a vacuum! If I have to get another one, I'll get a shark. Thanks for the review.

5. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    I've had my Dyson now for 7 years and still love it. I can take it apart myself if it gets a dog hair clog in it with no problem. I've never had issues with it. I think the one I have (the banana yellow one) now sells for around $350 on sale.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by