Valbazen for my Welsh corgis (worming)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by joebryant, Nov 20, 2010.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

I presume that my two corgis have worms of some kind (?), but not 100% sure.
    Whatever, I had to buy 500 ml of Valbazen for worming my chickens; that's much more than I will ever need.
    I Googled and learned that I could treat my dogs with it, using one ml/cc for every 10 pounds. They each weigh 30 pounds +/-.
    A pharmacist gave me a three ml syringe with the needle removed.
    Twice I put 3 ml in the syringe and shot it into a small bowl of buttermilk for each corgi.
    Maybe I didn't waste my money buying 500 ml/cc after all.

2. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    good to know. i can't remember how much i spent at the vet the last time for the pills. my corgi is ok with taking his pill each month, but he usually spits it out the first time i hand it to him. i give it back and if he doesn't take it i put spray cheese on it so he will be interested in it.

if i can avoid the cheese and just give it in his food without his rejecting it the first time it would make it soooo much easier!

3. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Chickie'sMoma :

good to know. i can't remember how much i spent at the vet the last time for the pills. my corgi is ok with taking his pill each month, but he usually spits it out the first time i hand it to him. i give it back and if he doesn't take it i put spray cheese on it so he will be interested in it.

if i can avoid the cheese and just give it in his food without his rejecting it the first time it would make it soooo much easier!

Chickie'sMoma, tomorrow I'll probably give them the same thing that I gave my chickens after I wormed them with Wazine 17 this week and will next week when I worm them with Valbazen.
    I'll scramble them a couple of eggs and add a can or two of Friskies canned beef cat food. That's what dawg53 recommends doing for the chickens to build them up; should work for the dogs too. Whatever, it can't hurt them.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by