Valentine has a crush!! *Pics up of Sketchy Scotchie* pg 5

ChicknThief

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Valentine has been following our Welsummer pullet, Pocahontas, around all day! He keeps on fluffing himself up and dancing for her. He even tried to give her a piece of the bread I gave him this morning. What a sweetie! And she tries to be all coy and run away, LOL. Here are a few pics of the darling dynamic duo.
love.gif
!

This little guy is turning into the most amazing rooster. He is protective of his ladies, and sweet to his people. Although he DESPISES our Australorps! He could whup 'em all day long and not feel satisfied that they are beneath him, LOL. I usually take some time each day and just sit down with him in my lap. He just lies there and coos/clucks at me. Oh and Cynthia! His leg and beak coloring has straightened out! His legs are almost white with a few dark splotches, and his beak is whitish yellow with a big black spot on it. He looks simply marvelous! It is so hard to believe that he is already 3 months old. When did Suede get his first "streamers"? I'm not sure what the technical term is, but I guess I am talking about the long feathers that make a rooster tail. Anyways, I think I can see the beginnings of a few in there, but am not certain.

OOOh! And he has found his crow too! It started out just like you described Suede's: like a wolf howling, LOL. It has slowly gotten better, and he finally found his fourth syllable this morning. Just one more to go baby! He has got the deepest crow I have ever heard. It is beautiful! And your right, a very "wolfie" sound.
lol.png

I sadly do not have any pictures of the two love-chickens interacting, but will post them in the rare event that I am in the right place, at the right time, and uncannily happen to have a camera in my hand that is turned on and zoomed in.
roll.png
LOL

Here is the Loveboat in all his shining glory...

DSCN2849-1.jpg

DSCN2855-1.jpg

DSCN2840-1.jpg

DSCN2843-1.jpg

And here is his Lady of Choice....

DSCN2967-1.jpg

DSCN2969-1.jpg

DSCN2966-1.jpg

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
Thanks you guys! I think he is just gorgeous, but then, I am partial.
wink.png
Sorry the pics are so blurry, stinky camera, lol.

I'm a very proud grandma! He's beautiful, Jess! Wow, he sure did turn into a handsome guy. No wonder he has a crush-your pullet is a cutie-pie, too! I dont remember exactly when Suede got his sickle feathers. He didn't have tail feathers for such a long time, though. Remember, that boy will continue to grow for almost two years! He'll be humongous like his daddy. I'm so glad his coloring is so gorgeous!

Last edited:
I finally captured the tenderest of moments in the life of my dearest rooster.
love.gif

Mom, why doesn't she love me?
use5.jpg

I do my best to show off my good side...
use18.jpg

use6.jpg

And I always try to show her what a stud I am...
use8.jpg

use9-1.jpg

I have even showed her how well I dance!
use1.jpg

But it never works mom!

So I am forced to admire from a distance...
use.jpg

And pretend that I don't care.
use3.jpg

Here are the two of them making calf eyes at each other...
use14.jpg

The stern reprimand for taking a picture at so personal a moment...
use13.jpg

"He is so annoying! He is constantly following me around doing this..."
use19.jpg

Meanwhile....

"That big rooster thinks he is such a ladies man! He's always dancing around, and acting like he is the only roo on the block... One of these days Valentine, one of these days!"
use20.jpg

Ain't love tragic?
wink.png

Quote:
ep.gif
th.gif
ya.gif
He is already bigger than all of our other 7 month olds!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom