1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Valentines Day Blues... I gave in...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ginormous chicken, Feb 14, 2011.

1. ginormous chicken

ginormous chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2011
    Elverta, California
    So I gave in. The DH is out of town and I feel lonely! Even with my order from mypetchicken coming in April. I saw them at the feed store and just couldn't say no. I called the DH in Texas to tell him there are more chicks. He wasn't surprised and stated that at least I got my own Valentines Day present [​IMG] ! I did contain myself and only get 2. What do you think? One is a cuckoo... the other is a GLW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The GLW is interesting because as a child, I always thought chicks were yellow. The fact she is yellow and black is interesting. AAhhh!!! LUV [​IMG] Do you think if I had a child the need to nurture and sucher will go away? Or is the love of chickens just that great. These guys are cute. We are going on our honeymoon in 3 weeks. I didn't want to get more chicks because that meant more work for the housesitter. Then I decided flip it, she is getting paid a small fortune (literally) she is going to have to deal with a couple more breathing entities!

2. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    HOW CUTE! Bye GLW do you mean golden laced wyandotte? I am getting some SLW 2! I am going to get seven next month tho! And i do wish i had some chicks now! I have a hen that loves to cuddle but she comes with a very protective rooster...

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Very cute babies!! [​IMG]

4. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Oh, heavens, how could you resist?! Very cute.

Jenny

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Too adorable.

I too bought my own Valentine's present, but I didn't have the restraint you did. I have 3 dozen (plus extras) eggs on their way to me for incubating. [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Oh my!! Great Valentine's day present to yourself! [​IMG] Thumbsup

Love the Black'n! [​IMG]

7. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I have 2 kids and let me tell you, the chicks are cuter! And you don't need a babysitter. [​IMG]

8. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:And you don't get arrested for leaving them home all day by themselves! [​IMG]

9. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Here's part 1 of my 3 part Valentine's Day present to myself:

Wellie eggs left, Barnevelder eggs right:
    [​IMG]

10. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I have 2 sebright babies in the brooder. They are LOUD. I have never had bantams before & I am just tickled with them!

These were the only survivors of our very first hatch ever, so we are most likely going to keep both of them. But since we lost so many chicks, I have a bad case of Empty Brooder Syndrome... must acquire more chicks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by