Valentines Day Hatch-A-Long 2016

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by junebuggena, Jan 21, 2016.

1. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    My girls are finally getting back to laying. That means it's time for me to fire up my incubator. I'm setting a half-dozen Easter Egger eggs and a half-dozen black sexlink eggs on the 23rd.
    Anyone else care to join?

2. GodofPecking

GodofPecking Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2015
    I think my polish might have laid it's first egg today. First for two months I think. They stopped when the summer weather got crazy and one of them got broody. Polish don't go broody ? nonsense. They wait until you put the eggs into the incubator, then they go broody. Lost ALL of the fertile eggs in the incubator though, I put in extra eggs when the others were underway. The thermostat compensated by making all the other eggs too hot. Silly me. Will do better.

I just have to build up more than 1 egg. I wonder if watching her helps ? Hmm, it's night at the moment so I think I'll wait till tomorrow. Hope there are more eggs.

3. 4stakes

4stakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2012
    Baileyville, IL
    We will be putting about 12-15 Orpington eggs in tonite. This is our first time hatching with an incubator. Good luck everyone.

4. cjkriebel

cjkriebel Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2015
    Parker Pa
    I am going to try to get some eggs to set tomorrow.I have a dozen mixes would love to get some EE from a friend.

5. JacksFarmNGardn

JacksFarmNGardn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2015
    New York
    If I had an early hatch,I could have a valentines hatch, otherwise I will be setting my eggs on Monday as that's when I will be picking them up! I don't know exact number of eggs yet,hopefully a dozen,but will have mosty buff orp light brahma mixes and some easter egger orp mixes.

6. 4stakes

4stakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2012
    Baileyville, IL
    We got our eggs in about 7 pm last nite. All good so far. So by the 14th they all should be hatched. It wasn't a good couple weeks to collect eggs for incubater. Oh well see what hatches. Good luck everyone.

7. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    Ill be setting two of my sexlink/wyandotte mix eggs tomorrow ill add more if she lays more.

8. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Eggs were set today

1 person likes this.
  9. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    I've got 8 Easter Egger eggs and 5 black sexlink eggs set.

10. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011

Ill hopefully have some ees to put with my blue ameraucana come spring. But for now i mies well enjoy my late roos line.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by