Valentines day hatch anyone? Set Duck eggs today!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Overeasyplz, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    For all you chicken eggers out there to hatch for Valentines day, you still have a week to get ready.. But if you are setting Duck eggs today is the day to set your duckie eggs!! I put my 12 Pekin eggs in the bator, made a turning chart and after I finished putting the dates in I realized that 28 days from now is Valentines Day!!

2. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........................[​IMG]

3. Overeasyplz

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Awww comon Warden you know you want to.. Heck you have a week to secure some more chicken eggs!! Only duck eggs should get set today for Valentines!

4. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:I already have eggs in the other Brinsea on day 2 !

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Uummmm, ............... let me think about it! [​IMG]

LOL .... I do have eggs coming ...... but when will they get here? [​IMG]

6. Fuzzy_Hat_Farm

Fuzzy_Hat_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Maryland
    [​IMG] Yeeeessss!!!! I'm setting chicken eggs next week. I'm doing a test run on the bator now. This is my first time doing this [​IMG] My SO gave me a bator with a egg turner for X-mas so I thought I'd brave it out and give it a whirl! I'm selecting my eggs this week so I have my Valentine's chickies [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  7. Overeasyplz

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Awesomeness! This will be a fun hatch! I will have to delete some old pics in my storage though.. I'm at 75% percent full...

8. Fuzzy_Hat_Farm

Fuzzy_Hat_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Maryland
    OMG, I can see this is going to be a long three weeks for me! I'm having conniptions trying to get the bator temp and humidity set. I've either got 97 degrees or 115 degrees [​IMG] and the humidity is only 29% even with the reservoirs full and a humidifier in the room. It's a good thing I have a week before setting the eggs!!! Is it always this nerve racking? [​IMG]

Overeasyplz - those are the cutest little chicks you have!!! [​IMG] I sooooooo hope mine turn out like that!!!!!

9. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:OMG! [​IMG] Ok, let's see, there's Overeasypleasey, 'nuff said, a newbie, and Kathy the incubating Queen. All you need to round out this party are a couple of nut jobs. I think Mahonri and RocketDog have empty bators. GIT-R-DONE! [​IMG]

Edited to say I just read Fuzzy Hat Farms last post. You may have your newbie and nut job all in one! Don't warm the bator up quite yet Mahonri! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
  10. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Welllllllllllll, OK, I'm done thinkin' now .... [​IMG]

Eggs are being shipped Tuesday, so should be here Thursday or Friday. If Friday (Jan 23) is day one, then my hatch due date will be Feb 12. So, I would (should) be done by Valentine's Day. What do ya think? Will that work? I am not sure when I will get my Buckeye eggs from JamesA. That might work out to be Valentine's Day, or near. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Currently, in the bator, I have babies due to hatch:
    Jan 24 (15 or so of my own Silkies)
    Jan 28 (11 secret project!)
    Feb 4 (10 secret project part 2 and 6 Wheaten Marans)
    Feb 6 (36 Orps and Turkens)

NOTE: Most of these I am not keeping. [​IMG] I incubate in the Sportsman, and will hatch in the HovaBator.

Overeasyplz ... hey, you could join the GFM and have LOTS of storage space for your photos! That's one of the reasons I joined, actually.

Fuzzy_Hat_Farm ... Now calm down ... It's all gonna be good! We will hold your hand throughout the whole ordeal! [​IMG]

Now we need to get Mahonri and Rustyswoman to warm up their bators, and we will really have a party goin' on here! [​IMG]

I'll just bet that The Warden might slip in a few more eggs, too! At least we know we can count on her for entertainment here! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by