Valentines day hatch?

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by klj491, Jan 14, 2014.

1. klj491

klj491 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Anyone want to be my hatching buddy? I'm setting my duck eggs on Sunday (1-19-14) so they should be due around Valentines day. I'm super excited, this will be my first go round!

2. LoveMyChicklets

LoveMyChicklets Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    Lapeer, MI
    I will! I was just saying that I can't stand waiting any longer to set some eggs. I will be setting chicken eggs and they take only 21 days to hatch so that should put me right about Valentines Day. Am I still qualified to participate [​IMG] I really need a hatching buddy!

3. klj491

Apr 3, 2012
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Absolutely!! I just hate waiting alone. I'll be setting 8 khaki Campbell eggs, and maybe some golden 300's if the seller can gather some for me before Sunday night.

4. LoveMyChicklets

Oct 23, 2008
    Lapeer, MI
    Great! I am just going to be setting some mixed breed eggs but I have a new roo in there and want to make sure he is doing his job :) Kind of excited because my two roos are a Silkie and a Speckled Sussex so any resulting chicks should be really neat looking! I have two bators but each only hold about 24 eggs. I'm only going to run the one with the auto-turner this time, feeling lazy!

5. Jenni77

Jenni77 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2013
    Swartz Creek, MI
    I put eggs in on Sunday too! I'm not positive they are fertile, but keeping my fingers crossed! I just made a new post under hatch-a-longs! Check it out :)

6. Jenni77

Jenni77 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2013
    Swartz Creek, MI
    Oh, just noticed you meant this coming Sunday :( Darn, I'll be a week ahead if all goes well.

7. klj491

Apr 3, 2012
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Eh, you'll be close enough. You just get your babies first :p

8. klj491

Apr 3, 2012
    Virginia Beach, Va
    So... I may be hatching ducks but chicken math is starting to set in already... I've got 8 khaki Campbell eggs coming in the mail friday. I just made an appointment with a lady about 45 minutes from here to pick up 2 dozen eggs tomorrow... Now granted, 9 of those will be eating (she had already washed them, so I guess they're not suitable for hatching now?) but that's still 15 more eggs going in the incubator. And I may be picking up another dozen khaki Campbell eggs on Friday from a local seller but I'm not 100% sure yet. It's a 2.5 hour drive each way, so if she's not willing to meet me halfway I may just say screw it for now.

9. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Hey I was just looking last night for a Valentine hatch thread! :) Mine will be chickens so I won't (and won't be ready to anyway) set until the following Sunday. I want V-Day to be the day (or thereabouts) they hatch so I can remember their age, otherwise I'll never remember, LOL.

So, IF I can get my act/eggs together I'll be here too!

10. LoveMyChicklets

Oct 23, 2008
    Lapeer, MI
    If you have room in your bator throw in the washed eggs. I had room in my incubator last summer so I threw in some of my sons washed and refrigerated silkie eggs. They all developed!!! Needless to say I was completed shocked but sooo pleased [​IMG]

I am getting so excited about the upcoming incubation/hatch!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by