1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Valentine's Day help!

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Mary Of Exeter, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Update: The states I still need are: Hawaii, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, and West Virginia!

Any states not mentioned or even foreign countries are welcome as I will use them all even if I have multiple for each state. However, that list I definitely need ASAP! :)

---------------------------

Hey y'all, it's been a long time since I've mostly been on the FB group, but I need help! My chicken peeps are the most diverse group of people I know so y'all are perfect recruits!

I found this cute Valentine's day gift idea online and wanna do it. You get someone from each state (even other countries are okay) to make a sign that says for example "Michael, Becky's love for you is so big, it reached California!" Those are our names and how it would be worded, but replace with whatever US state or foreign country you live in :) You can write it on any size paper, index card, post it note, etc and take a picture of it preferably outside. Doesn't have to be out in town or have a landmark in the background. Even your yard or chicken coop would work (lighting good enough to read though). Then I'll print them out and put them in a scrapbook for him :) If you wanna "steal" this idea, go ahead! I didn't come up with it either lol. I'll add some examples I found for ideas. You can decorate them any way you want. Adding a personal touch makes it extra special ;)

When your husband doesn't "need" anything and won't tell you what he wants for any holiday...You gotta get creative LOL.

A couple examples. You can get as creative as you want. Can take the pic outside, with some of your birds/animals, or just a pic of it sitting on your table. You can also take a pic of your chickens or whatever and add the text on top digitally using a photo editing app. I'm not picky and will love them all! :)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. Jiffyrocks

Jiffyrocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2017
    Louisville KY
    This is cute. I'm in Louisville KY and I'll help you out :)

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Hey Becky .. leave it with me .. you will have one from Australia by the end of our day!! [currently Sunday morning]

PS. It is a great idea and very romantic, more than happy to help out! [PPS. Shared this link with some friends]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  4. Teila

[​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    As soon as I can get it loaded online you'll have one from WY!

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Those are awesome! Thank you! [​IMG]

8. Teila

You are most welcome ... please do share his reaction with us [​IMG]

I do have to tell you that even though my hubby held the flag for our message, he is not very impressed with you right now [​IMG] Might have something to do with me asking him why he does not do anything romantic! LOL

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I hope you get tons of responses...a very sweet thing to do for your DH on Valentine's Day!

10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Twice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by