Valiant Godzilla!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by OccamsTazer, Sep 2, 2009.

1. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    My wonderful boy Godzilla saved the hens and guinea keets this morning! I was woken up at dawn by the *strangest* noise. Normally the boys crow all morning and it doesn't bother me, but today there was the oddest screaming cry, sort of like a peacock, and LOUD!
    I went flying around the house and saw something red and fox-like go scooting off into the bamboo. My heart nearly stopped when I saw the pen devoid of chickens except for Godzilla, but all the gals and the other roos were just hiding under the coop.
    Yay! For this I will forgive him for attacking my butt when I lean over to get eggs.
    Note: We have had probs with a fox in the past. I used to free range but losses got really high and that's when we put in the pen. I have a trap set but so far I've only caught opossums. The fox is out there, and sly!

2. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    [​IMG] Outstanding job by Godzilla!!!!

I lost my feisty roo to predators, and have a woosy that the hens won't even follow..... [​IMG]

Cheri

3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Give him extra tasty treat for that one.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Good boy Godzilla! Keep chasing away the wily fox, and keep those girls safe!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I agree. My opinion of my rooster (he doesn't have a name really, just rooster) went up about 10 notches whenever he faught off a raccoon. He doesn't even have spurs, but he sure tries hard!

The really ironic thing, was that when the raccoon came a visiting I was in the kitchen cutting up the mean rooster for freezer camp. The "nice" rooster saved his own skin, er feathers, partly by not biting me every chance he got, and partly by saving his lady Blacky (who lost a bunch of white feathers, but no blood was spilled)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by