Vancouver Islander wants EEs

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by mamabigbird, May 18, 2011.

1. mamabigbird

mamabigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Vancouver Island, B.C.,
    I would love to get a few more EE hens to add to my motley crew of mixed breeds.
    I love their blue/green eggs.
    I live on south Vancouver Island so what's the chance of hooking up with somebody who has some locally for sale?
    Full grown or wee chicks are ok.

2. Chicka-boom Chicka-boom

Chicka-boom Chicka-boom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Hi mamabigbird on Vancouver Island [​IMG]

I live in the Vancouver area and am new to BYC and to raising chickens [​IMG]. I don't have any chickens yet as our coop is not yet completed, but shouldn't be too much longer. I am now looking for a place where I can get some baby chicks [​IMG] or young chickens [​IMG]. Do you know of anyone either in the Vancouver-Lower Mainland area - or even Vancouver Island that you could recommend?
    Thanks for any chicken info or tips you can send my way! [​IMG]

3. mamabigbird

mamabigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Vancouver Island, B.C.,
    Hiya Vancouverite ... I get chicks from Buckerfield's here on the Island.
    I imagine there should be one on the mainland because they are a big chain of stores.
    I'm going on Wed. morning to pick up 8 little day olds.
    They said they'll get some more on June 1st.
    I go to the one in Duncan but there is one in Nanaimo too.
    Look it up in the Yellow pages under Feed stores or perhaps Farm supplies.
    I know they stop getting new chicks in June.
    If you're not ready for them by then you could try Craig's List or Used Vancouver. com

As for valuable info and advice about raising baby chicks, I learned everything on the BYC forum.
    Those people are amazing.
    Good luck with your chicken adventures, they are sooooo much fun.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you tried putting this over in Want To Buy?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=56

If you hit REPORT and ask the Modly Ones will move it there for you. [​IMG]

Good luck in your hunt! I'd love love LOVE to have a rainbow basket but with our measly limit of four, and NO boys... well plain ol' sex links were the safest bet. Best of luck in your hunt... and be sure and post pics of your lovely eggs when you have some!!

5. nekotee

nekotee Out Of The Brooder

hi Im from campbell river I just got my first chickens its pretty exciting :) have a flock of 7 chickens and a female muscovy duck. are you having any luck finding chicens for sale? I have been trying to get myslef about 5 more good layers

6. nekotee

nekotee Out Of The Brooder

the poulty swaps and www.buyselltrade.ca are good for finding chickens for sale also usedcampbellriver

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by