Vanessa isn't very well

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dingo Dreaming, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Dingo Dreaming

Dingo Dreaming New Egg

Feb 11, 2015
    [​IMG]

This is Vanessa's foot, she has a Black spot on it. Its like a thin scab and when cleaned of its just red raw. It doesn't seem to fit the description of Bamble foot. No Swelling. NO guck. She will have been having antibiotics for 10 days on Saturday. Just been surging it into her beak so she is drinking it. Everyone else is Healthy. So nothing contagious. I did think she was on the way out Last Thursday...but she has picked up. She did have the runs, but thats better I did a vent check and found know egg broken or other wise. I have started putting Aloe Vera on the black spot. I have know idea how old she is. I got her and her naughty mate Piper from someone that lost her husband and was going to move into a more towny life.
    [​IMG]
    Vanessa is the one with the lacing

2. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Can you pick at it at all? Have you tried soaking it in warm water with epsom salt? I've also heard of someone using iodine to loosen a spot on the foot. I'll try to find where I saw that again.

3. Dingo Dreaming

Dingo Dreaming New Egg

Feb 11, 2015
    Thank you...I have been soaking it and colloidal Silvering it. and bandaging it. She is healing slowly. [​IMG]

4. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I'm glad to hear of at least some progress. :) Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by