1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Variety pack fun!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LadySkyline, Apr 6, 2017.

1. LadySkyline

LadySkyline Just Hatched

Apr 5, 2017
    Michigan
    I ordered 27 chicks, 15 of which were a variety of breeds, now the fun starts of identifying what is what, so I know what to tell people who are taking the extras! Lol. All I know is that I currently have 3 Araucanas that I can identify. I'm supposed to have a RIR, some Barred Rocks, and a jersey Giant. My dad is brooding 11 at his house, to help with the load. He has my BRs and some other mostly black chicks, I have no idea what the rest of these birds are, that I have here. Hahaha

This one has thrown me for a real loop. No idea [​IMG]

Another that I am totally lost on.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Maybe white Giant for the first. Does the second have 5 toes? It looks like a Faverolles cockerel. The 3rd has muffs so I would guess EE if it has green legs.

3. twigcrafter

twigcrafter Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2016
    Orange county NY
    [​IMG]

I'm no help at guessing breeds. I just want to say they are so adorable! especially the ducks

4. LadySkyline

LadySkyline Just Hatched

Apr 5, 2017
    Michigan

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated. The second has 4 toes, not five. The third does in fact have a green tint to the legs. What is an EE?

5. LadySkyline

LadySkyline Just Hatched

Apr 5, 2017
    Michigan

Lol. I can't guess em from chicks, either. Haha. Thanks, though <3

6. LadySkyline

LadySkyline Just Hatched

Apr 5, 2017
    Michigan
    It would be too funny if the first one was the white giant, as it's the smallest of the whole flock, right now! Haha

7. Serenity06

Serenity06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2015
    South Alabama
    An Easter Egger is a chicken that lays colorful eggs like green, blue, or pink. The last one does look like an EE. Where did you get them? If they came from a hatchery then the "Araucanas" are EE.The all white ones could be White Leghorns or White Rocks depending on how big they get and what color eggs they lay.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  8. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    The second is still a Faverolles cockerel. I've seen enough of them by now to know one. EE is Easter Egger.

9. LadySkyline

LadySkyline Just Hatched

Apr 5, 2017
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

I have three of these and I was almost positive these were my Araucanas. I know they can look very different, but are we saying that the three that look like this and the others are all EE's? Thanks everyone

10. LadySkyline

LadySkyline Just Hatched

Apr 5, 2017
    Michigan
    I got all of them from McMurray Hatchery, minus the Rouen ducklings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by