Various 12 week cockerels for free/trade - Central NJ

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by julskinka, Jul 18, 2018.

1. julskinka

julskinka Chirping

Mar 28, 2018
    New Jersey
    We hatched a number of interesting mixes, including some “designer breeds” off My Pet Chicken. They’re all 12 weeks and have been free-ranged, fed medicated grower feed, and are in excellent health. I’m looking to rehome/give away/sell/trade the following cockerels:

“Skitstovel” - An olive-egger (cream legbar x welbar). He’s skittish, tiny, and adorable.
    59A59117-8E1B-4370-A44E-5F9E4E677024.jpeg

“Breakfast” - a “Blue Carolina Sex-link” easter egger from My Pet Chicken. The sex-link was from the barring gene, which shows itself still in his hackle feathers. He has a beard and cheeks puffs, and is a big guy!
    CBD2EECD-EC52-4B63-88A5-2D06315CB3CB.jpeg

“Second Breakfast.” Same as Breakfast, naturally.
    C0B53FBE-8EF0-45BB-80C7-5B0B0B97E01B.jpeg

“Chauncey.” A “super chocolate egg layer” from My Pet Chicken. I have no idea what went into this guy, but he’s incredibly docile and sweet. His hackle and saddle feathers appear to be coming in with some gold lacing.
    353FA15A-A76C-434D-B635-815724D51BAE.jpeg

“Dumdum.” An easter egger. We call him the “patchwork chicken.” He’s a very silly chicken and runs around like a dinosaur, so I have a hard time getting still photos of him. He’s got a deep crimson/partridge pattern on his wings/back, grey smokiness on his breast/throat/tail, and cream laced with the red/grey on his head and hackles. Also has a grey beard and cheeks.
    ED2ADA8F-6652-43FC-BDCF-51D8221F31EE.jpeg

“Whatsit.” We *think* this is a black Favaucana from My Pet Chicken. If so, it has Blue/Black/Splash genetics, and is a cross between a Faverolle and an Ameraucana. He came from a dark army green egg - I was so disappointed he was a rooster, because I loved the idea of that egg in my nest box. He’s calm and inquisitive.
    9CC872DC-FF59-4777-A71C-FA4F84B7A326.jpeg

KDMdesigns likes this.
  2. Njroosters

Njroosters Chirping

Jun 19, 2017
    Hi. Where are you in Central NJ. What are you asking for the mixed cockrels? If they have been raised as pets, Do you have any hesitation if they are used as meat birds?

3. julskinka

julskinka Chirping

Mar 28, 2018
    New Jersey
    We’re in Lawrence/Hopewell/Princeton area. I think we’ve messaged before - back when I was hunting for eggs.

Hah, no, I don’t mind. That is my back-up plan! But my daughter is squeamish about it so if I can say, “they went to a farm upstate,” it’s easier for me.

How many of them/which ones do you want? I’m not sure if I should be pricing them per pound or per bird haha.

Also - I’ve got a pair of good FBCMs I’m listing separately, if you’re looking to breed marans.

4. julskinka

julskinka Chirping

Mar 28, 2018
    New Jersey
    Are you still interested?

5. julskinka

julskinka Chirping

Mar 28, 2018
    New Jersey
    Any takers? It’s about time for the big ones to start heading to freezer camp ... they’re 13 weeks and one is crowing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: