Various pix from around my town today IMAGE HEAVY

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redyre Rotties, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    I went out about 6am this morning to take some pictures in my area. Here are my results. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This barn and the land it is on has been in my husband's family since the 1700s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Memorial honoring Confederate Soldiers, Salisbury, NC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frick building. Frick sold all kinds of equipment years ago. Tractors, farm implements, steam engines, you name it.

[​IMG]

Well house, historic Salisbury

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the south. My DH is from Georgia, so I have seen quite abit of the southern states over the years, and loved everyone of them.

3. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Wow, that is beautiful! [​IMG] I wanna live there! [​IMG]

4. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    My uncle lived in Salisbury for a LONG time before moving up here where we all are.

The dog rescue group I help out went to Salisbury and got 3 Pugs last summer, they were in a puppy mill type facility across the road from a "adult dance club" UGH

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    beautiful photos! thank you for sharing !! [​IMG]

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    What a gorgeous barn, when was it built?

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Thanks for a little peek at your world. You are very lucky to have land which has been in your family since 1700's. How much land?

I always hate to hear stories of family having to sell their land which their ancestors struggled to keep. Seems dishonorable to their memory...

8. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    This land is still owned by Plesses, altho it is a different branch of the family. We go out to visit from time to time. It is beautiful land.

And MomtoSyd&Emma, I know EXACTLY where that "mill" used to be, across from the Foxy Lady! Poor dogs, I'm glad someone finally shut them down. [​IMG]

9. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Quote:YES that is the name of the place! It was HORRIBLE, we pulled up and you could smell them before you saw them. They were breeding Pugs, Bostons, Yorkies, Shih Tzus, Lhasas, Chihuahuas, Chins, and himalayan cats.

We only took one the first trip, a week later my husband and 2 daughters went and BOUGHT 2 more Pugs to get them out of there. They were placed in loving homes with in Pug Rescue of NC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by