Various rare chicks in MA/NH

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bhadrika, Aug 1, 2008.

1. bhadrika

bhadrika Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Mansfield, MA
    I work in a camp where we ordered and raised a delightful group of 17 chicks, representing 16 breeds. Well, camp's ending, and it's my job to deal with the chicks (all about 6 wks old now, healthy, and fairly tame from being handled by campers). I plan to keep some, and we have some other interested family members, but there's still going to be leftovers, with of course a preponderance of roos. If you're just looking to eat them, don't bother -- we can do that. But if anyone would actually like to raise any of these birds, let me know:

White crested black polish (female)
    Silver polish (probably male)
    Blue Cochin (probably male)
    White frizzle bantam cochin (probably male)
    Cuckoo Maran (probably male)
    White Langshan (too soon to tell)
    Black Langshan (probably male)
    Dark Bramah (too soon to tell)
    Light Bramah (too soon to tell)
    Buff Bramah (too soon to tell)
    Black Silkie bantam (too soon to tell)
    Blue laced red wyandotte (if male)
    Blue Anadalusian (female)
    Salmon Faverolle (female)
    Americana (probably female)

2. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    How far are you from Nashua NH?

3. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

would you consider shipping

4. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    bhadrika i pm'd you would love to take some or all of your birds, thanks

5. kris41

kris41 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2008
    Maine
    Hi. I emailed you also. Are these chickens still avaliable? If so, I am very interested in your...

White crested black polish (female)
    Silver polish (probably male)
    White frizzle bantam cochin (probably male)
    Blue Anadalusian (female)
    Salmon Faverolle (female)
    Americana (probably female)
    Thanks
    Kristie

6. bhadrika

bhadrika Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Mansfield, MA
    Thanks for all the replies!

More info: The chicks are all about six weeks old (arrived as "day olds" on 6/23, some looking decidedly 3-4 days old). All are very healthy (didn't lose any in this batch! I recommend if you get the opportunity to drive to the USPS hub to pick them up a day early, do it). They were shipped from MacMurray, and I have the pullorum certificate, if you need a copy. They are generally residing in a coop/tractor outside, occasionally loose (while I clean it), and sometimes spending time with the two rabbits in the neighboring hutch/pen. They've also been handled to varying degrees by myself and campers, and thus have sorted themselves into easily held vs. those who can outrun children.

For those curious about the camp, it's Camp Birchmont (www.campbirchmont.com), a traditional residential sports camp.

My husband's aunt gets first pick, and will do so by the end of the week. This weekend, Steve will come fetch them down to MA, where they will join our own flock of six, and the ten meat birds in their original batch.

Anyone wanting a bird not already spoken for and comfortable with my best guess for gender could pick it up here in NH any time between, say, 8/9 and 8/16 (I'd just keep those back). Anyone preferring to pick up in SE MA can do so later in August. Anyone wanting to wait until we're sure of the gender, they'll be in MA for pickup, and we're happy to keep them until they declare themselves (crow). Since the messages I've gotten are all time-stamped, I'll take them as folks caling dibs, and go in order. I'm not up for trying to figure out how to ship, sorry.

I'll post/reply by the end of the week what birds are claimed by whom, and then we can work out the various logistics.

7. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i would prefer to pick up at the camp, did you get the pm i sent?

ok, i think i reread and i get it, lol i am slow, i really really really am in need of that favorelle hen! if the first person who claimed her would be willing to allow me to have her i would be grateful, and also could offer something else in replacement. please please please!! i have been searching and searching, hatcheries arent hatching them until feb.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by