Vegatarianism

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by zaybird77, Nov 11, 2010.

1. zaybird77

zaybird77 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Hey shoutout to all vegitarians/vegans on BYC!
    Please no negative, mean, or closeminded posts!

2. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    If you care about animals
    Why are you eating all their food?

I’m just joking around. My sister is a vegetarian. Standing up for what you believe in is admirable.

And [​IMG]

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

4. akaxo

akaxo Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] years of being vege/vegan and that's the first time i've heard that one!

5. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:[​IMG] years of being vege/vegan and that's the first time i've heard that one!

This is off topic, sorry, but that makes me think of something an old friend said once years ago. There was this mean girl in school, and one day my friend said to her, "Shelly, you have such pretty blonde hair. Why do you dye your roots black?"
    [​IMG]

I thought that was the funniest thing.

6. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    That was a good one! I am currently under attack by a relative who is a vegan. She tells me I'm not a Christian if I eat meat, etc etc ad nauseum. It's really annoying. I eat meat. How does it make me feel when I eat a dead animal? FULL.

7. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine

This is off topic, sorry, but that makes me think of something an old friend said once years ago. There was this mean girl in school, and one day my friend said to her, "Shelly, you have such pretty blonde hair. Why do you dye your roots black?"
    [​IMG]

I thought that was the funniest thing.

Ooohhh, I've pulled that one before when I got into a fight with some girl at school. Only she was trying to imitate my awesomeness and tried to dye it red with almost black hair. That didn't end well. [​IMG]

8. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I've been a vegetarian for 25 years. It has never occurred to me to try and tell someone else what they should or shouldn't eat.

I always tell people I won't stuff a veggie burger down their throat as long as they don't stuff a steak down mine. To each his own.

People like that give us "normal" vegetarians a bad rap. Many people cringe and get very defensive when I happen to mention that I'm a vegetarian. I don't believe in trying to force my personal life choices, food, religious or otherwise on others and I hate being lumped in with the pushy kind of vegetarian.

Just know that we all aren't like your relative!

9. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I know you guys aren't all like that, that's why I like it here! I think it's like politics and religion, you just shouldn't crash people about it either way.

10. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    I was pescatarian(no meat but fish was good) for 9mths then cut out dairy,so more towards vegan , have fallen off both wagons but i'm thinking of jumping back on because my cholesterol and diabetes were under control and I've started putting the weight back on.
    I was just having a problem with getting enough protein, any ideas on good protein sources?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by