1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Vegetarian home for wyandotte pullets, southern Oregon?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rubysmom, Jul 2, 2008.

1. rubysmom

rubysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    [​IMG]
    Okay so I know this is crazy but I need a home for two 17 week old pullets. 1 golden, one silver. Beautiful birds but just a little too bossy for my other 3 mellow girls. I have a small backyard flock and I can't deal with a lot of turmoil. Would really like to find someone whose not going to eat them. They are just getting ready to lay. Anybody?

2. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:I doubt anyone will eat a ready to lay pullet. In the chicken world, that is a valued commodity.
    The one question everyone asks when I wonder if they want some chickens is:
    "Do they lay eggs?"

3. WrenAli

WrenAli Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Lebanon, OR
    Did you see my response to yours on the Oregon Thread? [​IMG]

4. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Quote:Love to help you out, I need more egg layers (and we only eat seafood type meat) but we're two States away! Good luck though! [​IMG]

Lori

5. rubysmom

rubysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks so much everybody but I did find them a veggie home!!!! Unbelievable!!!!
    My daughter and I were very sad of course, but we were happy that the 2 could stay together. They are going to a huge ranch where they can really free range. There is also a rooster and they are really excited about breeding the GLW because she is so darn beautiful!! Beautiful but definitely has got a screw lose [​IMG] So a happy ending here in Southern Oregon. Thanks again everybody.

Claudia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by