Vegetarians...anyone

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by duck&chickencrazy, Apr 17, 2009.

1. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey is there anyone on here that is a vegetarian??? Just wondering...

2. anydayisnow

anydayisnow Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Columbia SC
    ME! Vegan actually...until my chicks start laying.

3. Mikhail

Mikhail Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Me! I hardly eat any dairy/eggs either (only if egg/dairy is an ingredient something, like tea or cake)

4. duck&chickencrazy

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    wow i thought that i might be the only one on here...glad i am not...how long have you guys been veggies?? I have been for almost 3 years.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  5. Mikhail

Nov 13, 2008
    1 year, 3 months.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how many veggies/vegans there are here. I alwas feel like I'm the only one, even though I know there's bound to be at least a few.

6. anydayisnow

anydayisnow Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Columbia SC
    I am totally going to show my age here, but I have been vegetarian for 16 years, and vegan for 10

7. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

16 years. DH has been his whole life.

8. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    15 years, but I think I have been cheating for about 5 years now . . . I eat fish and poultry very occassionally and I have only eaten red meat once in 15 years . . . it was high quality, free range buffalo, but it sat in my stomach all night and made me feel [​IMG] LOL

9. duck&chickencrazy

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    thats amazing...i think i can last that long...just yesterday my mom asked if i was ever gonna eat meat again and i said that i doubted it....so i am also currious...what are some of your reasons for being vegetarians? Mine is mainly the thought of eating another critters flesh creeps me out and i feel bad for the animals raised for consumption...poor living conditions and such before they are slaughtered

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  10. Mikhail

Nov 13, 2008
    Because I love animals and I feel like I'm killing them (indirectly) by eating meat and I feel bad for the ones who suffered. And they're dead and eating dead things seems gross. Dead things creep me out too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by