1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Vehicle Registration

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buster, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Yesterday I was thinking that I couldn't remember when I needed to register my truck in 09, so I went out and looked at the sticker and my registration expired in JANUARY. I guess the first thing I have to do today is go down to the DMV and get it registered again.

Here is your reminder to check yours too. [​IMG]

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Here in Ga they send you a lovely notice. We can also do them online. At least you noticed it before some helpful police officer notced for you. [​IMG]

Here they expire on your birthday, all 3 of our vehicles have hubby first so they expire in March, the Horse Trailer is in my name and expires in December.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:I'm sure that they sent me a notice but I didn't see it (or care to notice it [​IMG] ) I may be able to do it online, but I want to get the sticker right away so I don't get pulled over. It's a good thing I don't go many places in the winter. I did send my brother to grab some lunch for us the other day while we were working on the coop and I'm glad he didn't get pulled over. [​IMG]

4. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Yes and if your cops are like the oh so helpful ones here in Ga, they would have been happy to have written out a costly piece of paper for it.

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Yes they are helpful like that here too, but I seem to regularly go about a month over and haven't been stopped for it.

I do remember my dad getting pulled over in Texas for it. His was 6 months overdue though and he had no idea. [​IMG]

6. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    In ND we can register our vehicles on line at NDDOT

7. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

We get our registration reminders in the mail, but now they don't send out renewal notices for licenses, which last for five years - so if you forget and don't check your license it's easy to let it lapse. Supposedly this is saving them money, I think it's a revenue enhancement scheme. [​IMG]

8. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    The last time I renewed my license they had an option to renew for 10 years. Mine expires in 2015, love it don't have to go deal with that for 6 more years!

9. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I think mine is a September registration. Inspection is February. I just barely got it inspected in time (2/28) this year because I forgot, lol. My brother once went a little over six months with expired inspection on his truck, until one day he noticed that his sticker was a little funky compared to everyone elses', lol.

10. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Will haveing that sticker on there help you avoid being pulled over? I got the renewal notice for my PU, (2 year registration), and relised that the current sticker was still on the bullitin board by my desk so I would remember to put it on. Guess I need to have a different reminder this time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by