Velcro Chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Blisschick, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I have a 6 x 8 dog kennel that I have converted into a coop and had two roos in it. I moved them out today to put in some other birds that I plan to breed, and let the two boys run free. The big roo, a BLRW, had some really huge, long spurs from being in the pen for so long. Dark came, and I was out for a little while watching to see if they got a clue to roost up on something and not spend the night on the ground. I got tired of waiting and decided to go back in for a little while, then go back and check on them to see if they were okay.

I went out a little while ago with my flashlight, and I'm looking up on the edges of the pens, etc., where everyone who is loose roosts. No big Wyandotte. Hmmm.

I look around on the ground by the pens. Still, he's missing.

I go back to the pen he was in, thinking maybe he's roosted on top. He's there alright.

Hanging by his spurs from the side of the pen! [​IMG] [​IMG]

It wasn't just by one, but both had gotten hung up in the chain link! I took him in the shed and shortened them for him, the put him up with the other birds. Hopefully, he hasn't pulled anything.

2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That must have been quite a sight!!! Did you laugh out loud??? I think I would have been laughing too hard to help him down!!! What a goofy boy!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

THAT is too funny!!!!!! I showed your post to my co-worker who is a chicken dude... He laughed out loud!

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Poor guy! How humiliating! Was he making a racket?
    Did you get any pics?

5. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    No, he didn't make a sound, just hanging there limply. I think he'd been there for a little while before I found him and had tired himself out. No, I didn't think to take a photo. He was so still, I thought he was dead at first! [​IMG] I just ran over and unhooked him off the fence hoping he was okay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by