Vent gleet,egg bound?

OLTMR123

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 25, 2014
Hi, I have a sweet chicken named Maggie.We bought her at a flea market so I don't know how old she is. She has been sick on and off since or since we got her.She never chirped until I had her in the house on antibiotics for a week or so always skinny.She chirps all the time now.We were shocked when she started because she was always so quiet.Anyway she used to lay an egg almost evry day,but quit some mths ago.She got a messy but and the started swelling up.We thought it was vent gleet or egg bound.Tried sitting in warm water or a steamy room,but no egg.Decided it might be vent gleet gave yogurt and monistat and a fungal medicine. They didn't seem to have any affect.We decided to aspirate her soon after that because she swelled so badly it was scary. My husband drained out two syringes and it drained out overnight more.So she appears to be swelling up again after a couple of weeks and continues to have a nasty butt.Does it sound like she is egg bound vent gleet,peritonitis?What should we do for her?She is so sweet sounding and has been picked on/bullied by our other hen pretty much since we have had them. I seperated them and locked the other one up alone for a week ,and that did improve the situation.Thanks

Here is the pic.

her behind.Does anyone know what we can do for her to clear it up? And if it is connected to her swelling up?Thanks

Back
Top Bottom