Vent Gleet???

duckymama2

Songster
7 Years
Jun 16, 2014
Oak Hill, Florida
New to the ducks - had mine for about 3 months now. My female pekin seems to be wet around her vent. She trys to preen it but can't reach. She seems like something is bothering her. I did a little research and came up with vent gleet. Any ideas? She is almost 4 months old and one of my ducks just started laying. My male was trying to mate with her this morning and that's when I noticed it looked nasty. Can ducks have apple cidar vinegar? Any other suggestions what might be going on?

New to the ducks - had mine for about 3 months now. My female pekin seems to be wet around her vent. She trys to preen it but can't reach. She seems like something is bothering her. I did a little research and came up with vent gleet. Any ideas? She is almost 4 months old and one of my ducks just started laying. My male was trying to mate with her this morning and that's when I noticed it looked nasty. Can ducks have apple cidar vinegar? Any other suggestions what might be going on?
Ducks can have ACV 1-3 Tab to 1 gallon of water. let her bathe as often as possible, try to keep the flies off of her they can really cause a problem if lay eggs in the mess around her vent and when the maggots hatch they can kill. so I'd keep her inside while your trying to figure out whats going on with her.

Ducks can have ACV 1-3 Tab to 1 gallon of water. let her bathe as often as possible, try to keep the flies off of her they can really cause a problem if lay eggs in the mess around her vent and when the maggots hatch they can kill. so I'd keep her inside while your trying to figure out whats going on with her.

Thanks Miss Lydia. All my ducks always had access to pool 24/7 until right before I posted this. My male was mating with my khaki and had her under the water. Luckily I went out when I did. I drained the coop pool and had the one in the backyard that I put Elsa in that's not as deep. No flies on her or not many in my yard so not sure what is going on. She stopped trying to preen her vent after I posted. Kinda went back to normal after I posted but you can still see its wet back there. Hoping more people post with suggestions. The nearest vet is 1hour and 15min. away. Will call to see if they see ducks. We live in the middle of no where! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom