Vent holes in homemade bator with pic

hobbieorb

Chirping
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
wythe, Virginia
I built myself a bator and was curious how mant vent holes I should put in it and where. It is 20"x20"x36". I ordered the heating element and thermostat from cutler and is supposeto be here tomorrow. Found a neat little fan and hope to put it in today.
21916_100_1837.jpg

Last edited:
I would put one in the top, right behind the fan and then one barely under or even with the bottom rack.
That's how both of my cabinets are set up. Good job, it looks nice.

I would put one behind the fan,and one in the middle of the back to evenly circulate the eggs!
smile.png

P.s goooooood luck, and nice bator,I would have never suspected that was home made!
big_smile.png

nice looking bator. Great job. I have a homemade one too. Mine is huge and has plexy glass so i can view the inside. Which is nice becuase I am sure i would be in there all the time
smile.png
mine does not have vent holes. It is heated by lights and if i need more heat there are plug ins inside for a hot plate. I keep a pan of water with a sponge in it too for the humidity and there is a thermomether with humidity attached on the inside i can see through the plexy glass. Looks nice, post pics when it complete.

I am not sure, but I think mine may be 1 inch. I would have to check.

chickenrunnin- you have no vent holes? You have to be able to exchange the air around. The eggs will suffocate.

Back
Top Bottom