vent plug on the incubator

wjallen05

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
North Georgia
got another question (sorry!) on the manuel it says to remove one of the vent plugs on the bator, but online it says to remove it on day 18. Do I keep it on until the 18th day or what?

vent plugs are to help with the humidity, if the humidity is high you can take out the plug if your humidity is fine just leave the plug, i removed the plug only when i put to much water in and the humidity jumped way up but it is just used to control that so just do as neccesary it cant hurt your eggs

I don't have anything to test the humidity....
hmm.png

u r going to need it do you have a walmart near by as they have temp gauges that have the Hygrometer built in i have 2 of them in my bator right now
it is this one:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10671021 its less then 7 bucks it you would like a good hatch i suggest you buy one, as this can help save a couple chicks even if it helps you save 2 chicks u can sale them and make your money back it is a wise investment ot gey a Hygrometer reader, Hygrometer reader reads humidy thats what it is called

Last edited:
Hey Jamie!

You need to keep your humidity around 40-50% for the first 18 days, then up it to 50-70% when you take the turner out if you have one. If not, when you stop manually turning on day 18, you need to try to keep your humidity up to that until everyone hatches.Hope all is well!

Back
Top Bottom