Vent Problem :

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dogo, May 11, 2010.

1. dogo

dogo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2009
    I have a rooster that seems to be in good health. Good body weight and he eats well. The problem he has a cheezy build up around his vent . It stays moist Iscrape it off causing it to bleed. I put anti -biotics on it but it seems to grow there. IT does'nt seem to bother him at all. I know its not normal and I am worried about it. I need someone to help me on this. Please anyone ever have tihis let me know what I can do about it . Thank you.

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    That is strange.. i would try some blue kote , it may be fungal so that would hopefully kill off anyhting

3. cutiecochingirl

cutiecochingirl Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    Thats odd. I think he has a yeast infection but I could be wrong. Hope he gets better. [​IMG]

4. dogo

dogo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2009
    Quote:Hey this is the first for me too. I thought beings the anti-biotics did'nt work . It could be a fungi or something like that. If it is ? will blue kote help ? What would be good to try for the fungi ?

5. dogo

dogo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2009
    Quote:What is good to cure yeast infection ? I'll try anything. Because right now its a hit and miss thing . If you know what I mean ?

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Miconazole Cream is a good antifungal its in the womens section...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by