I have a roughly 7 month-old bantam conchin x EE that has recently come into lay. Every egg that she has laid, approximatley 5 eggs over 3 weeks, have had some blood on them. I haven't really thought that much about it because she is young and had otherwise been doing well. Today I noticed she was not around the rest of the flock and found her fluffed up in the pasture. She is not tame and did not want to be caught so I had to wait until they went to roost to catch and evaluate her-which I figured was a good sign. It appears that she has an infection in/on her vent. I could not palpate an egg and she passed some stool while I was examning her, but her vent is very swollen and has a foul odor so I am guessing that she tore passing eggs which subsequently got infected. Her comb is still nice and red and up until today she had appeared normal. I am willing to treat, but am curious if it is even worth it, or is she just going to have this happen again or get egg bound. I was not worried about keeping her for major egg production, but more as a potential brooder as her mother was a very good mother and the cross between her and the conchin seemed likely to make her more likely to brood. Any experience/advise is much appreciated!