1. Ogdenfarms22

Ogdenfarms22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2017
    [​IMG]So I'm planning on installing vents 3 on each side and One large vent on the back. There will also be a good size opening in the side for them to go out in the run. Do you think this will be enough? I live in california where it can getup to 115 in the summer and winter it never snows. Thanks for the help!!! [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    We will need to know the actual sizes of the vents you are going to install to begin to determine if it will be sufficient or not -- you could be talking about anything from 1-inch round holes (it's happened before) to having the entire length of a wall x number of inches wide and all things in between.
    For your location the more ventilation the better - especially with a metal building like you have there. Are there going to be any windows or are the vents going to be the only openings you put into the walls (aside from their entrance opening) Which wall will the entrance be on? Will any portion of the run be covered? Do you get many rain days and what are your winds like?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by