1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. minister man

minister man Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    New Brunswick
    I have read the posts about natural ventilation, but truthfully haven't tried anything yet that works for me, what ever I am doing wrong.

I have read the posts about how my birds don't need a heated coop, But since I work outside a great amount of the time, I want to be able to enjoy working with the birds when I am home.

Also, I am tired of beating ice out of waterers. Also this winter, I may be away for a month and my daughter will be looking after the birds and needs things a whole lot easier than that.

I have insulated, will be heating, birds will be in stacked pens. I have read all kinds of things about "big barn" ventilation systems, and formula's but I don't know how to design that.

Does anyone know if there is a product out there that is equivilant to an HRV ( heat recovery ventilator) or air exchanger like we use in our houses for ventilation that runs off a humidistat?

I want to create a controlled climate coop. It will cost more, but be less stressful for me. I have a generator incase the power goes out.

Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by