venting- big black predator

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by only one lay, Jan 15, 2010.

1. only one lay

only one lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    litchfield mi
    It's below freezing out and frozen waters aare being carried in. I set a can of eggs just collected inside the back door on the counter and went out to fininsh up. As I come back up to the house this beast has the bucket in the yard finishing up the shells and the yokes in the bottom. It might not be so bad if I did'nt already spend so much to feed her already.
    [​IMG]

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ours will steal eggs also if they think they can. One day, I collected eggs, was walking out of the run and realized I forgot something. I set the eggs down on the ground, about 12 inches from the fence. Came back to find Hannah, our Border Collie, laying down with her leg thru the fence rolling an egg towards her. The egg pile was already short one egg and our Mastiff Cristo was carrying it around. [​IMG]

3. rdranch

rdranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Strasburg,CO
    [​IMG] DW set the egg basket down to get some veggies from the garden for dinner. One minute later comes back to an empty basket. 7 eggs disappeared from one of the 2 labs. Not a trace left![​IMG]

They love them so much, they don't even want to wait for them to be cooked!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  4. Dogs and Cats just love those fresh, just collected, just laid real expensive farm eggs.

Yep, and to think they don't even feel bad about eating them.

[​IMG]

5. only one lay

only one lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    litchfield mi
    now she keeps checking the container on the counter- new container needed

6. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    My dog will raid nests and steal just 1 egg. He will take it to the middle of the yard and leave it there, then find a shady spot and wait.
    Here comes the barn cats, they love eggs.

The bait is set and the chase is on. Funniest thing I ever watched in my life.

7. LizFM

LizFM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Quote:AW, but Mooooommmeeeee.... [​IMG] ...she LOOOOOOOVES you so muuuuuuuch.....and she so cuuuuuuuuute [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    our dogs will suck eggs too...but only if we forget to feed them for a couple hours. Usually happens when the bag of dog food is gone and we have to go get more :| Kinda reminds me of the movie (I think it was The Yearling with Jane Wyman and Gregory Peck) where she says, "I can't abide a dog that'll suck eggs..." or something to that effect LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by