1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Venting! Still dont have chick's

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Fancypants4569, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Fancypants4569

Fancypants4569 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    Prineville, Oregon
    Well, its been a month since Ive ordered chicks, my order still hasn't been made because everyones chicks are on back order and Im still on a waiting list . And I just found out today that my order for May 1st has been pushed back to May 31st....sigh. This will be my first time being a chick mommy, Ive done all the reading, my brooder is ready to go....and now this [​IMG] I aslo found a place that is getting chicks in every Friday in another town, but I will have to get there way early because they are selling out in that one day and Ive heard that people have waited up to 2 hours waiting in line to get chicks. Sooooo, I guess Ill get up really early so I can be there at 7 am and have my face pressed up against the glass window's saying "open,open,open"(doors open at 8am). Wish me luck! And all I have to say is I hope those parts for my used(but new to me)bator get here soon so maybe I wont have to do this agian, i'll just be pulling me hair out over hatching eggs cause Ive not done that yet either LOL [​IMG]

Oh, I am so jealous reading all the posts that everyone has gottin their chicks in the mail , or feed store everywhere else having chicks..."Big Sigh"[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. louloubean

louloubean Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    OC, NY
    try another venue?
    post a wanted ad on craigs' list and your local trading group (like yahoo)
    or try another hatchery.

i ordered chicks yesterday morning and got they at lunch time to day from
    http://www.meyerhatchery.com/
    mind you i called on the phone, and they had the breed i wanted right away. it was serendipitous.

godd luck and happy hunting!

3. Fancypants4569

Fancypants4569 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    Prineville, Oregon
    Thank you Louloubean! I am going to go ahead and try one more time to get my chicks locally, but if that doesnt work I will try to order some online if its not to late...I also have a bator that Im trying to get operational agian so I might try to get some eggs for hatching...I was trying to get my hands on some speckled sussex and few other types of laying hens, so will have to keep checking here for those I think... thanks agian for the website for chicks!

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by