Ventura chicken Vet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jbbeach805, Apr 24, 2016.

1. jbbeach805

jbbeach805 New Egg

Jun 28, 2014
    Oxnard shores,California
    I live in ventura and i have a sick chicken she is very lethargic her back feathers are thinning (not tail feathers) and her tail feathers are down. she is having problems balancing and i have given her a broken raw egg and she eats it up like crazy i have seen her drink also! I don't know what to do or give her?!?! Does anyone know a Vet in ventura county that will treat chickens? I can't stand to watch her suffer like this:( I don't want to kill her but i don't want her suffering either! Please help me!!!!

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Could the other chickens be keeping her from food and water? How old is she? Has she been laying eggs recently? Can you stick a finger inside her vent an inch or two to feel for a stuck egg? Offer her some electrolyte water or Gatorade to drink. Cooked egg, tuna, and feed moistened with water are usually eaten well. How does her crop feel--full or empty, hard or soft? Does she have any tiny bugs around her vent that could be lice or mites?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by