VENTURA COUNTY CheepCheeps!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CCRabbetts, Mar 13, 2014.

1. CCRabbetts

CCRabbetts In the Brooder

Feb 16, 2014
    Ojai, California
    My Coop
    Let's all unite and talk chicken! (Or farm animal)
    I am in Ojai, Ca
    I have only three chickens: Scrambles (Easter Egger), Sunni (Speckled Sussex) and Sanders (Blue Cochin).
    Two Silkies and a Japanese Mix incubating!

Where are you? What do you have?

2. fishermans wife

fishermans wife Songster

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    Hey! I am just down the road!! I am in Oak View, have a bunch of layers, lots of Silkies (from Catdance Silkie line), with plenty of roosters to share [​IMG] (notice I am evading mentioning any numbers.....chicken math got me bad!) and am currently raising 24 meat chickens who are 5 weeks old and are HUGE! Nice to meet you! Let me know if you want more silkie eggs to incubate! I have some sitting on the counter!

1 person likes this.
  3. sunheeter

sunheeter In the Brooder

Feb 26, 2014
    Ventura County
    Hey guys! I'm in Oak View too! Been working on Faverolles, Silkies, Polish, and Marans. Having sooo much fun breeding! We should do a chicken meet-up sometime!

4. rsonl541

rsonl541 In the Brooder

Feb 19, 2013
    California
    Hey there all. Just got 8 chickens last week ( 3 RIR, 3 Rock, & 3 EE) about 5-8 weeks. I am from Oxnard.

Howardschick72 likes this.
  5. Medievalfarm

Medievalfarm In the Brooder

Feb 24, 2016
    I'm getting my first batch of chicks next month! I'm in Thousand Oaks.

1 person likes this.
  6. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    Hi all, I am in Simi
    I have had laying hens for 8 years but just started hatching eggs. Too many breeds to name, but my only rooster is a silkie. So I'm hatching my own silkie chicks and other purchased eggs. Nice to meet everyone!!!!

7. rsonl541

rsonl541 In the Brooder

Feb 19, 2013
    California
    Hey there.. Well chicken math has added up.. I have 1 Buff Orpinton, 2 RIR, 2 Easter eggers, 2 Golden Sex Link, 3 Barred Rocks.. Total of 10 in Oxnard.. 18 foot X 6 foot Split coop..

8. Medievalfarm

Medievalfarm In the Brooder

Feb 24, 2016
    Nice to meet you too!

9. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    Hi again,

I am having the WORST luck hatching shipped eggs. I am looking for Blue/Splash LOCAL silkie eggs. I don't need show quality, just looking for different blood to add to my pen. Anyone willing to sell some eggs?

10. fishermans wife

fishermans wife Songster

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    I have taken a LONG break from this sight! Just crazy busy! Nice to see some new faces! I am in Oak View with Silkies and Standards! Right now I am totally overrun with Silkies, so have a bunch on Craigslist and need homes for some roosters! All of my Originals are from Catdance silkies. I love them! Other than that....all is well in chicken land!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: