verify my rabbits' sexes please

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bug n Flock, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Bug n Flock

Bug n Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2015
    I got two young flemish giants recently in a swap. Was supposed to be a male and a female, and I think it is. Just wanted to double check, though, as these are my first rabbits and I am just learning. These bunnies are 10 weeks old now and I've had them for a month. They have grown a ton, and after Easter I'm hoping to pick up a third Flemmie so I have a 1.2. Want an orange, but really it depends on what is available from the idiots who think rabbits are Easter decorations. Down the line I want to get a rex and a NZ red for making meat crosses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lmk if you need more/better photos.

TIA,
    Bug

2. LouisianaFowl

LouisianaFowl Just Hatched

Apr 5, 2017
    New Orleans
    @Bug n Flock they look both female to me

3. animalcraker

animalcraker New Egg

Mar 23, 2016
    Southern California
    Agreed they both look like females

4. Bug n Flock

Bug n Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2015
    Well shoot. There is a saga here. I originally got three. I was told was a boy and two girls. They ID'd the bun in the top photo as the male, and so when I realized the third bun was a boy, I sold him thinking he was an extra male. So now I have to find another boy. Haha, well. At least these buns are really friendly, even if they are escape artists bent on doing whatever the heck they want whenever the heck they want.

Edit to say thank you to you lovely people. And again when I realized the silver bun should probably get a name change.. "his" name is Mal.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    The first looks male to me, the second female. When I blow the pictures up, I see details of structure that a doe wouldn't have on the first one, and my partner-in-crime DD agrees.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by