Verizon Wirless problems.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by B. Saffles Farms, May 15, 2009.

1. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Here is Southeast TN we have had no service since around 12pm today. We cant use our cell phones but in only a sport or two, and then yoou cant move or it will drop the call. Has anyone else had any trouble today?

2. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    I live in Southeast Alabama and use Verizon. Mine is working right now. A text message just came in as I was reading your post.

3. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Verizon told us they were updating towers and that TN had wide spread service outage. [​IMG] I know mine, DW, my moms my dads, my sisters, are all doing they same thing. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have had Verizon for over 10 years and I have FAR fewer problems than others with different carriers. I can handle 8-10 of no service for tower upgrades.......

5. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Here in Cali verizon is working just fine, I hope yours starts working soon. It's kinda a strange time to be doing updates?

6. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    After they update towers you need to dial *228 on the cell. Also, just do it occasionally to keep all towers updated.

7. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Ive been satisfied with my service, until today. Weve had vzw, for around 10 years too. I thought it was odd that they would do upgrades in the middle of the day on a Friday. [​IMG] Ive needed my phone all day and havent been able to use it. (I turned my landline off a few months ago because we rarely used it.)

8. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Yeah we do it about once amonth. They told us to keep doing it now. But the stupid phone wont call to do it, lol.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

B. Saffles Farms :

Ive been satisfied with my service, until today. Weve had vzw, for around 10 years too. I thought it was odd that they would do upgrades in the middle of the day on a Friday. [​IMG] Ive needed my phone all day and havent been able to use it. (I turned my landline off a few months ago because we rarely used it.)

It could have been a car accident, a shooting accident, a lightening strike etc., it is just easier to say towe update.....​

10. ems_chick

ems_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Morganton, GA
    mine has done that 3 times in the last couple of years here in GA... it seems the more rural you are the more it happens, guess we have fewer towers to catch a signal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by