Vermonters! I know you're out there!

Keara

Songster
10 Years
Sep 24, 2009
Vermont
OK gang, I know Vermonters are out there...... where are you and what kinda chickens you got?

I'm in Bristol and I Love My Black Copper Marans!

PA250009.jpg

I am wondering if there are People around who are interested in maybe doing some hatching egg trading this spring?

Last edited:
Vermonter here...... right next door. We just moved to Monkton. I have had chickens for about 3 years now. The kids really want us to get chickes from eggs.. I have put a few adds the net looking for barn space to grow some meat birds and turkeys. Nothing yet.. I have done meat birds in the past but need a place to do more. Well nice to see there is a nother vermonter on here and so close by.....jim

Jim,

seen your adds on Craigs list.... I hope you find a good spot. I did 25 meat birds once, they are stinky beasts. I've moved to dual purpose, but am not in buisness so I can deal with birds taking longer to be full size.

-Keara

looks like i may have found a place to grow my meat birds and turkeys. A guy right here in Monkton has a place. Will go look at it soon.I keep my egg layers here....jim

Born and raised in Guilford, VT (I have since transplanted in MA). I posted the following in the New England thread and didn't get any responses so I figured I'd try here. I'm looking to purchase and/or trade hatching eggs but don't want to pay postage or have the Post Office scramble them for me so I figured I'd make a local appeal. I'm in the I-91 corridor of southern MA and would be willing to drive about an hour for the right eggs.

My eggs: I have standard Blue Andalusians I've been working on (this year will be 3rd gen. of breeding/culling), and also have some nice Sumatras I got last year from a breeder (I've got a couple Sumatra roos I'd give away if someone is interested). I have a pair of Mille Fleur d'Uccles so wouldn't be able to get many eggs from a single pair but could throw some into the mix if desired. I'll post photos if anyone is interested.

I'm mostly interested in improving my Adalusian gene pool, but there are a couple of other breeds I might like to hatch out (Blue-laced red Wyandottes, d'Uccle bantams, Sumatras, others). What's everyone got? Willing to trade? Sell?

Quote:
This past summer i got a good deal on 7 White Leg Horns. They started to lay in October and have not stoped yet. But we are brown egg fans. I do have some older hens that lay brown eggs when they feel like it..lol.. Need to replace that flock. hope to this spring. I think i have 15 hens out there. plenty for us right now. We give many eggs away. looking to sell soon if i can grow my flock out some..well see. they are fun to have and enjoy them until one grabs your finger to the third knuckle. That will wake you up...jim

Nice to see some commotion in the Vermont thread!

chicnfarmer, I have a few Black Copper Marans breeding, but no eggs at the moment. My other hens are just barnyard mix with a Black Copper roo over them. I am planning on breeding pens this spring.

aceschix, I am in Bristol Vermont (west/central part of the state), but travel to Gilford NH regularly to visit my parents. When I am getting eggs this spring/summer we should try getting together to trade eggs.

There is another woman I met via craigslist who has also been on BYC "cboois94" who is looking for BCM hatching eggs to trade. She has a few birds and wants more.

hitnspit, I have always loved my Barred rocks for consistent brown eggs, calm temperament too!

-Keara

Im from milton and also have FBC Marans! I love my birds, I currently have eggs in the bator
big_smile.png
along with them I have some beautiful Araucanas, a Buff Orpington and some heavy egg laying Bantams. I am looking for more BC marans. Let me know if you are interested!

Back
Top Bottom