1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Very aggresive drake

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Mar 29, 2012.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    My welsh harlequin drake has been VERY aggresive towards all my other drake, not torwards me, but the other ducks. He keeps biting and attacking my rouen drake threw the fence. And will NOT leave my poor 4 month old rouen crossed hen alone. Mates her every 5 minutes, and won't breed the WH at all. Anything I can do to stop this? The mutt hen, and the mutt drakes are leaving, so I won't have to worry about that. But I can't stop him from attacking the rouen drake, and rouen hens. If he finds a way threw that fence, either him, or the rouen will get hurt!!

Thanks in advance!

Madison

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    when my drakes were fighting through the fence I put up some scrap boards so they couldn't see each other they had their wings beat all to pieces till I stoped it. anything will work heavy plastic, tarps, metal, just make sure whatever you use doesn't have sharp edges or they can eat it.

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Thats good advice ML. But the drakes are fighting while the WH is free ranging, and theres a wide range of fence, to much to cover. Thank you though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by