Very aggressive 8 week old EE...could she be a he?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by teapot10, Jun 6, 2010.

1. teapot10

teapot10 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2010
    Eastern Oregon
    So I have 11 EE's, 11 SLW, 3 Golden Sex Links, 2 Brit reds, a White Crested Black Polish and an EE/Silkie cross. I was told that all the EE's and all the SLW's were female when I purchased them, they are all relatively the same age...maybe 1 week difference at the most.

However, one of the EE's is VERY aggressive and territorial. Is there any chance that she is a he????

These are the only pictures I could get of her...she doesn't like the camera much...lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tinabrat1

tinabrat1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    still looks like a pullet to me but could be just the dominant hen...my top hen acts very "rooish" but lays a nice blue egg every day!

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    She is a pullet. I have a number of pretty aggressive girls. They whop up on teh boys big time, and on each other.

4. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    pullet is my vote. My EE cockerel had a lot of pinkness to his comb at around 3-4 weeks old. [​IMG] she is pretty, probably the "head honcho" of the group which explains the constant alpha ish behavior. I have a BR pullet who is bossy, and lucky she will be getting new sisters to boss around instead of always focusing on my EE girl lol!

5. anniem

anniem Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Eugene, OR
    I have 2 EEs in my bunch, 1 pullet/1 roo (12 weeks old). They act the same, sometimes she is worse than he is. Obnoxious. It was pretty obvious by 7 weeks that the one was a boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by