1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Very angry silkie! Do you think she'll forgive me?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by michellelei1, Nov 16, 2009.

1. michellelei1

michellelei1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Brockton, MA
    I have one very upset chicken here. To make a long story short. She had 2 other sisters that turned into brothers and have been rehomed. We got 2 japanese bantams for friends but they stick with each other sooooo Delilah comes in with us every so often. This is her first day with a diaper and she's very upset with me. She actually growled at me. I had no idea chickens could growl. lol So here is my baby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right now she's sitting next to me and refusing to move. I'm not so sure this chicken diaper thing is gonna work for us. How do the rest of you do it? [​IMG]

2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    the first pic she has that look.......... HOW COULD YOU? [​IMG]

or..............

you actually think this thing is gonna stop me? hahahahah

3. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    We had a chicken in the house and we put a diaper on her. I swear she growled at me when I first put it on her, but chalked it up to me hearing things. Now you've got me second guessing that I really did hear that. [​IMG]

Sorry can't really help you. She wore her diaper for two days. HATED every second of it. Guess her hatred of her diaper helped her overcome whatever was bugging her (it wasn't contagious) so we put her back outside. Far, far away from her neon pink diaper and SHE IS SO MUCH HAPPIER. Personally based on her behavior, I think she'd rather die than ever see that diaper again. [​IMG]

4. crait

crait Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I'd suggest using a thong and changing it to fit them. It'll be more comfortable. Worked for the lady that was on that PBS program..

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] she is beyond ticked off at you [​IMG] Cute pic She will forgive you, eventually and if she does not kill you while you sleep first. hahahaha

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  6. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    you better sleep with one eye open... she looks really mad

7. michellelei1

michellelei1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Brockton, MA
    :)She won the battle for today! She gets anything she wants and she knows it too! LOL Oh and it was a real growl, she did it several times and I couldn't stop laughing it was so strange.

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    ok I dont mean to be dumb but I always wanted to do that but when they have their diapers on-doesn't the pooh stick all over their butts then you have to wash their butts? I want to do that with my duck in the winter but 1 I dont want to be divorced by Spring and 2 I do not want to be cleaning butts all day-when their chicks thats bad enough?????

9. kezabel

kezabel Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:A thong? you mean ladies underwear also called a g-string? I'm confused and what size thong?

10. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:A thong? you mean ladies underwear also called a g-string? I'm confused and what size thong?

yes... yes... more info please.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by