Very annoyed

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by whiteflare, Jun 10, 2011.

1. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    How do we politely tell someone that we are annoyed at them?

I don't think there's an answer to that question. [​IMG] But if there are any of your tactics, I'd love to hear them [​IMG]

2. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I have never had much what is it called...tact?[​IMG]

So I tend to just say exactly what I'm thinking. It might not be as "nice" as some would be, but I also tend to not be misunderstood as often.[​IMG]

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Well...................

If they really tic me off I just smile and tell them "Thank you very much" [​IMG]

Which means in all reality up yours sideways with a 4x4!! [​IMG]

4. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:We need to hear more about the situation... [​IMG]

5. WickedNerd

WickedNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    North Alabama
    Um...usually when I'm annoyed with someone I tell them simply that I'm not happy with them and give them the reason...is that not going to work in this case?

6. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Honesty.

It really doesen't help anything if you don't talk about it with them.

You'll just go on being annoyed if you have to/want to deal with whomever.

Just put it in a polite context, leave out anything that goes beyond simply making the point and might cause hurt feelings, and be prepared for the person to try to explain to you why they do this or that or such and such.

I'd say something like "Well, I really wish you wouldn't do such and such. It bothers/hurts me in this/that way, and makes conversations/work harder for me than they would be otherwise."

If the person does not seem to understand the hurt/annoyance they are causing or thinks you unreasonable, then you have to decide if/how to continue the association. Then they pretty much get written off my list as someone who doesen't care enough to attend what I am trying to explain and I dont try to explain again, but attempt to remain polite.

7. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    I would speak with them privately and let them know exactly why you feel the way you do. Maybe you can agree to disagree. Then forgive and let it go. Unforgiveness is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies. It does nothing to them, only to you. I wouldn't say this if I hadn't lived through it myself.

8. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I will apply your advice for the people whom I think it will work for. [​IMG]

One person, however, is not somebody I associate with much anymore, but we have, I guess you could call it, unfinished business. It's been lingering, and every time I try to bring it up, this person ignores me.

So every time I see them, I can't help feeling angry at their ignorance.

9. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Quote:Oh man. I'm the same way. The girl Im thinking just don't get it. She's like a rock in my shoe.

I've tried to he nice but that don't feel natural to me. Pepper spray does tho.

10. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Quote:Oh man. I'm the same way. The girl Im thinking just don't get it. She's like a rock in my shoe.

I've tried to he nice but that don't feel natural to me. Pepper spray does tho.

[​IMG]

I'm so glad I'm not the only one [​IMG] Unfinished business really gets in the way sometimes. I don't let it bother me though, and tend to think of them now as an insect beyond help, which is quite amusing [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by