VERY Bummed...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DKPoultry, Jul 10, 2010.

1. DKPoultry

DKPoultry Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    Okay, I am sad.... First time trying out my new Little Giant Incubator and it Quit working on me [​IMG] only 4 days before the little chickies were due to hatch. Needless to say both my little egg chicks got too cold and died. At least there were only two of them and not a whole huge batch. Wish I would have caught it sooner so I could have pulled them out and tried to finish them under a heat lamp... Anyone else have this problem? It seems like the heating element quit working. The light still came on and after we got to playing with it, it would work off and on, but wouldnt stay warm [​IMG] We are calling the manufacturer next week to see what they have to say about it.

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    [​IMG] I'm sorry!! I hated my LG. I highly recommend the Hovabator Genesis #1588. Super easy to use, not as touchy as the LG. I could hardly hatch anything in the LG. [​IMG]

3. crossedwires

crossedwires Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2010
    sounds like a loose connection to me..............time to take it apart [​IMG] if you like that sort of thing [​IMG]

4. DKPoultry

DKPoultry Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    That was our first thought too with the random way it worked for an hour and then didn't, so my husband who is into electrical gadgets took it apart and couldn't see anything wrong with the wires or connections. Methinks I may venture to making one... Have to look into it a little more and see what others have done and what works...

5. Jarsheart

Jarsheart Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2010
    I have a LG purchased in late April, and so far so good. Had two hatches, and I have 2 thermomters in it, it is pretty consistant. I have it in the house, where the room temp does not fluctuate. Sorry to hear about what happened.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by