Very cute mutts!

Beccazon

Songster
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan Thumb
If you follow any of my posts, you know I had a roo that was some part Black Asian (or TSC labeled BSL) who was beautiful. And hens that are perhaps black asian-ish, RIRs and light Brahmas. My recent and first hatch turned out these beautifully marked babies. I expected fluff to change but they are feathering in with a lot of beautiful markings that they started with...just with markings spreading and darkening. I think these are going to be striking! Not sure how I got these patterns but I love them! One even has the feathered brahma legs.

Attachments

Beccazon

Songster
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan Thumb
Their parents didn't change after 4 months but the roo did develop a lot of color by around then! Even a few of these black babies have rust and black marked wings and shoulders in this same pattern. I hope when they molt they do keep a lot of these markings! At a week old now they are getting beautiful:love

Xerocles

Songster
May 22, 2019
Clinton (piedmont) S.C.
Definitely cute and won't know till they have a juvenile molt at around 4 months what colour they will be.
Or possibly even longer. My mutts molted from first true feathers to juvenile feathers at about 3 months. Then they molted again about 5 months. And if you saw pictures(sorry,no, I don't have pictures) it would be impossible to convince you that they were the same Birds. What a change.

Top Bottom