very dark liquid poop...picture attached..sick chick or healthy?

Maggie1030

Chirping
Jan 4, 2018
New Jersey
Hi my one chick keeps pooping a very dark almost black watery poop. Is he sick or is this normal?

Attached is a picture

Attachments

• 9299B5B9-9003-481C-AD2F-E9E18E8BAEF1.jpeg
    9299B5B9-9003-481C-AD2F-E9E18E8BAEF1.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 51
Also the silkie chick with this poop is 3 weeks old. Very active and happy. I hatched him in my incubator from shipped eggs. He has only been inside my house and only has eaten the chick starter food. No treats at all yet.

Is this dark poop Coccidiosis? I hatched these chicks from eggs in an incubator. Can chicks still have Coccidiosis if you hatch them yourself from eggs? These are my first chicks.

Is this dark poop Coccidiosis? I hatched these chicks from eggs in an incubator. Can chicks still have Coccidiosis if you hatch them yourself from eggs? These are my first chicks.
As far as I understand, a chick can get cocci anytime. Is this chick still pooping this color? You might treat with Corid in the water for all of the chicks. I am not an expert and am hoping that some of them chime in here. Sorry cant be of more help.

No, that is not normal poop. Something is off, the food is not right for her or she is eating wood chips or something. Try changing up her diet and see if it changes. Give her dried meal worms, boil eggs smashed up, that should help her "system". The other chicks can eat this stuff too, no need to deny them goodies! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom