Well I had my very first chicks ordered from Meyer Hatchery, twice. I guess it's a sign that I really should wait for spring. When I first placed my order online I recieved an email that they had my payment but no record of what I ordered. So I called them and she corrected my order because their website gave me a wrong availability, so instead of a hatch date of October 29, they would not be available until November 19. ( this was my first second sign) So anxiously awaiting the arrival of my very first chicks, getting my coop ready, etc., since the end of September. Monday, October 29, I recieve a phone call from the hatchery to let me know that something happened with the hatch of the 29th, so I would have to wait. I explain about the confusion with my order and the change to November 19th hatch date, and she had no record of that hatch date! I would now have to wait until January for my chicks! Um, yea, that's ok, I will find someplace hopefully more reliable to order from. Serves me right to try to order a small number in the fall. I chose them for the reputation and the fact that they were closer to Pa. I don't want to order from Texas or California because of the shipping distance and charges. I know there are so many breeds out there, but I really want to get Buff Orpingtons for my first and then RIR's but they aren't something I can just pick out of my local newspaper.