Very Discouraged

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jackiedon, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I am so discourage right now:( I have lost all of my french cuckoo marans, buff silkies, a turkey, and several other chicken to a fox. Thank goodness DH shot it.

Then I've lost 2 buff orphingtons to heat. It's been so hot.

I had 100 cortunix quail eggs and 30 hatched.

My parents have been sick and I have been gone every 3rd day to spend 24 hrs for the end of the summer the first part was 24 hrs at the hospital and 24 hours at my dad's and then home for a day. I've been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Artheritis and Diabetes. I have felt so bad this summer. When I come home from my parents exhausted and hurting.

I have another bator full of quail eggs and a few java eggs in a bator but they are not looking too good.

I have less chickens now than I did last year when I started hatching so many [​IMG]

I'm sorry I'm just having a pity party.

Thanks for letting me share.

jackie

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I'm so sorry things are not going well for you jackie. You know your chicken friends here love you. [​IMG]

Hope things start looking up. [​IMG]

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

4. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Hope things get better. [​IMG]

5. krackerhill

krackerhill Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2008
    Florida
    Wow what a string of bad luck. Hang in there it's bound to get better. :aww

6. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    :aww I'm sorry for your loss. I hope things look up for you soon.

7. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I don't mean to sound preachy here [​IMG] , but you need to take care of yourself or you WON'T be able to care for anyone else, or your chickies. I don't have RA, but I have OA and DMt2 (diabetes mellitus type 2, or adult onset), and I know either by itself can make you feel awful, and the two together can really do a number on you. Your main challenge will be getting enough rest to be able to take care of yourself, your family's needs, and your parents' needs. It may also take some time to find the right combination of meds for your optimum health. I hope you feel better very soon, and please remember that stress is a KNOWN aggravator of many conditions, including RA and DM2. [​IMG] As much as you can, factor in some "down time" (I don't mean down as in sick, I mean down as in relax and recharge your own batteries time), and remember that you are in our prayers. Regards, crtrlovr

eta: I forgot to add the obvious: I am so very sorry for your losses.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Shucks. God bless you and your folks and good luck as you grow your flock again. Glad the fox is gone.

9. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Thanks everyone!!!

jackie

10. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    So sorry for your loss. Coons almost wiped my marans out last year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by