very excited big girls !!!

loupan

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 24, 2011
newzealand
Well i brought some wheat for my big girls today to have as well as there layer mash, first time they have ever had it and i have to say they went mental they absolutly loved it ha ha ha it was like a kid being given lollies
lau.gif
so funny bless them and they looked up at me as if to say thanks mum and then carried on gobbling it up
gig.gif
.My question though is how many times should you give them wheat or is there no limit ?

Well wheat expands in their bellies therefore they shouldn't have alot of it. I mean having it as a treat is wonderful but twice a day isn't really recommended just because it does expand.
wink.png

So I'm really afraid of over-feeding my chickens....especially because i'm eager to test out treats....is it possible to overfeed them?

I have an automatic feeder for my chickens layer mash so they just go to it when they want it generally in morning after they have layed they go for a drink and feed and then in the evening before they fo to bed there routine consists of preening themselves then having a feed then a drink then off to bed its so super cute
gig.gif
then just as it gets dark i go out and say good night to them it sounds crazy but i have done it ever since they were a day old and they always reply
love.gif
,the weat im gonna just give them in a tub once or twice a week would that be ok ? Oh and regarding over feeding i dont think you can they tend to only eat what they want well my do anyway
thumbsup.gif
just manage the amounts of greens you give them becouse they can get the runs

We used to feed our chickens wheat along with their layer mix, but eventually stopped because they used to eat all wheat and nothing else.
lol.png

Although it did come in handy when we ran out of mash and the shops were closed up for the weekend.
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom