Very Feathery Legs

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by summerc517, Jul 4, 2011.

1. summerc517

summerc517 New Egg

May 20, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I'm kind of new here and I'm looking for an answer... our family has been obsessed with finding out what kind of chickens we have. We got our eggs from a woman who just gave us a random pack of eggs and she doesn't return my calls (I'm probably annoying her) so I'm turning to you all. I don't have pictures so you'll have to bear with me. We have 2 chickens with super feathery legs. They are 6 weeks old. One is white with red/brown feathers on it's wings and a very red face, and super white feathery legs. The other is brown with a white head and super brown feathery legs. They're both quite friendly but that could be because they think we're their mothers since we hatched them ourselves. Thanks in advance... I hope someone can help!!

Summer

2. Theapplechicks

Theapplechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    will be hard to say without pics. There are lots of feathery footed breeds. I have several myself....

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

Two questions - do the feathers wrap all the way around the legs or are they only on the outside of the leg?

Second, could they be mixed breeds?

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    They sound like Cochins. [​IMG]

5. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by