The thought of heat lamps in the coop scare most people. It didn't scare me as I thought to have secured the heat lamp in my coop. I went out a couple days ago to find my heat lamp on top of my little booted bantam rooster. Frightened of fire, I took the heat lamp off of him immediately. He was just lying there twitching... I didn't know what to do! I picked him up and his head was limp and his legs were shaking so bad. I gave him some really strong pain killers used for my dog. He calmed down a little bit and slept but was still in allot of pain! Today he can somewhat move his head but I don't know how to help him! He prefers to stand over laying down. His he goes around to his butt. When he does this, his lower back saddle feather raise up where that oil gland is. I think the heat lamp fell on his back. He opens his eyes when I press on certain areas of his back. He wont eat or drink anything! I think he broke his torso... How can I help him? Is it better to just but him down? If I don't do something now he will be in worse pain then he already is, and I cant let that happen. I am aiming to be an avian vet but this is just out of my hand and know nothing about! Help!