Very frustrated w/a forum! No not this one!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Oct 18, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hey Y'all -
    Recently I found out there is a community forum for a town near us that I'd like to join. We spend alot of time (and $$) in this town and I'd like to find out about events and activities there. Also, we plan on being married there and I wanted to ask ???s about locations, ministers, etc. of the forum members.
    Okay, so I signed up for it - it doesn't ask for more than just my name, e-mail address, user name and password. Then it says to wait for a confirmation e-mail before you can post. I've signed up like four times and never get the confirmation e-mail. I tried to e-mail the forum administrator, but guess what? It won't allow you to use that feature unless you are a member! [​IMG]
    I know the forum is hosted by a local computer repair company, so I tried e-mailing the computer store. Still no response.
    Any ideas?

2. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Are you sure the forum allows people from outside of the community to join? Maybe that's why they ask for an address.
    I'd continue to try, but if you know where the repair store is why don't you stop by the next time you're in town?
    I'd also try to find another place to research community events. Perhaps their local Chamber of Commerce can help you. Good Luck!!!

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I thought about that, but it only asks for my e-mail address; not my physical address. Plus it's the only town within an hours drive around here that has a population of more than 1,000 people (It actually has 6,000). I would think they understand about people from the surrounding towns coming there for shopping, dining and such.
    Oh well, guess I'll keep trying and maybe stop by the computer store next time we're up that way. Thanks.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Are you sure it's not being blocked by your email program and sent to a junk mailbox?

5. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    My guess is you have to wait for an administrator or the board owner to approve ya.

6. blevisay

blevisay Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2007
    Portland Tn
    I Admin and moderate another forum and we had to turn on conformations because of a wave of recent Spammers, more than likely what you are running into. Have you done a who is?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Not sure what that means? I did try to e-mail the administrator, but that feature is also blocked from use by non-members. Gonna try from another e-mail box and see if that helps. [​IMG]

8. blevisay

blevisay Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2007
    Portland Tn
    Quote:Not sure what that means? I did try to e-mail the administrator, but that feature is also blocked from use by non-members. Gonna try from another e-mail box and see if that helps. [​IMG]

You should be able to find who owns the domain and send them an Email

Example

http://whois.domaintools.com/backyardchickens.com

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Great! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by